Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My little dude is CRAZY!!

Why are little people so freakin stubborn? My 3 year old gets out of his bed every single night. He crawls his little butt into my older son's bed and starts talking to him and sitting on him, even if he's asleep. I guess it's a good thing my 6 year old sleeps super hard. I have to go in there at least 3 times to tell him to get back in his bed and to stop talking. Sometimes I just have my older son go to sleep in my bed to separate them and then he falls asleep fast and it doesn't take too long for the little one to go to sleep. He drives me crazy! He will keep his brother up for an hour sometimes playing that game. AND THEN, he will wake up at 5:30 in the  morning for no reason and go into my mother-in-law's room and start watching TV. If he doesn't do that, he starts yelling at the top of his lungs, "Daddy! Daddy!" Never Mommy, Mommy, only for Daddy. I guess that's good for me because then I have an excuse to not get up. LMAO! My little one makes me want to tear my hair out sometimes. It's so funny because at daycare he's a perfect angel. He doesn't talk a whole lot (they actually thought that he might have been delayed because he never talked at school, yet he yells and screams at home; I can't get him to be quiet!), he's very social with the other kids and likes to share the toys, he never cries (he cries for everything at home) and he's like the popular kid, everyone knows his name. When they explain him to me, its like they're talking about another kid. He's not bad, he's just very vocal and very loud and a lot of times everything is his. He's getting better about it, but if he doesn't get his way he will start screaming crying. It doesn't get him his way because I don't roll like that, but he wants everyone to know that he is pissed.

He's pretty much the opposite of my older son. My big guy is very shy around people he doesn't know well, he will cry if you make him talk and he doesn't fell comfortable, he has his loud moments, but most of the time we are trying to get him to talk louder. He is pretty mellow and although he gets upset if he doesn't get his way, he's not a screamer and only did that for a little while in his "Terrible Twos." Little people are so amazing. I wonder if we had another child, what would he/she be like? I guess it would be a flip of the coin.

Speaking of another little person, why is it that everyone thinks I'm crazy for wanting to have another child before I start medical school? It's not like I'm the only woman in the world who thought about that. I have read in some forums that some women are having children or have had children during medical school or during their residency (now I think that's a little crazy) and they are still able to get it done. Why is it so crazy? As it is I wake up at 6 in the morning and don't go to sleep until past 11, sometimes past 1. I go to school, get my little people up and going, get my husband up and going, do homework with my older son, do my own homework, get dinner done, or at the least buy it, go to football practice twice a week, go to my night lab once a week, and sometimes I find time for myself to have a little nap. Oh and on top of that I take my husband to work and pick him up between 11 and 1 at night. To me fitting in another little person is wouldn't be that big of a deal. AND, I sure don't want to be 39 or 40 and having a baby because that's how old I would be if I waited until after med school. That's gonna be a hell to the naw!!

No comments:

Post a Comment