Search This Blog

Monday, December 6, 2010

Get Your Ass Up and Go Run!!

I am very ready for the end of this semester. Not because I don't want to be there, but because I feel like I have been neglecting myself a little bit. I am actually excited about my grades this semester because I was able to maintain my 4.0 GPA and I really learned a lot this semester. I have had to put my running and working out on the back burner a little because my schoolwork and my little people are just more important a lot of the time. I still sneak in a run here and there, but I really like doing it on a regular basis and on a schedule. I think that learning to schedule ME time now will help me in the future though. It really is going to be a necessity in medical school and even when I'm getting my undergrad.

So I've decided that I am going to run at least 5 times a week during the 5 weeks I am on winter break. That sounds so ambitious doesn't it? I think I can do it though. I may even try to do 6 days. I found this half marathon that I could possibly do at the end of January and I think if I really ramp up my running I can do it. I have even found a few shorter runs I may participate in. It's so nice to have a goal to reach with my running. It's funny because I haven't consistently worked out for more than a month or 2 since I played basketball in college almost 10 years ago. I always found an excuse or I simply did not have the time. Either way, it just wasn't a priority but in the last 6 months that I have been working out fairly consistently, I have felt better physically than I have in the last 10 years altogether. I underestimated how much I needed it in my life and now that I have found something that I enjoy doing so much, I don't know how I could ever stop. I have become that annoying ass friend who tries to get you to go workout with them all the time. I keep on trying to get my husband to come run with me but he said it would be too much since he hasn't really worked out since the beginning of the year. Lazy ass! No, I'm kidding. I'm kind of hard core though because I like to push myself. Really I don't know how to work out any other way. I'm the biggest procrastinator of them all but once I get there I'm all over it. So if anybody out there needs a running buddy, even if its through text and email, HOLLA! No really, I do not mind waking your ass up to go workout because it will motivate me to get up on the days that I keep pushing the snooze button.

No comments:

Post a Comment