Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

Totally Random Thoughts and Coffee

I have a take home test for microbiology that I am supposed to be doing right now and I just can't seem to find the focus to do it right now. The rough draft is due Wednesday and the final draft is due Saturday, the day before my birthday. Blah! I am ready for this semester to be over already. I feel like I need to regroup right now before this next semester because it's going to be tough. I will be taking anatomy & physiology, chemistry 151, trigonometry, and statistics. It's really just a precursor for what I will be doing when I get to ASU and beyond that.

I want to reread a book that I read over the summer. It's called The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey. Its one of the best books I have ever read. It really helps you find ways to stay motivated and inspire yourself. That seems to be what I struggle with the most, staying motivated day after day. I know I will get there but the road seems so long. I guess what it really comes down to is taking a little at a time and not overwhelming myself with the big picture because that seems to be what discourages me. That and continually reminding myself why I am doing what I am doing. It comes back to what I wrote about my motivation previously, I have to see what it is I don't want so that I can find what it is I do want.

I have found that writing this blog is a very cathartic experience. It makes me examine myself in a way that can be uncomfortable to talk about with other people. Writing allows you to get your complete thought out and edit if you need to before sharing it with anyone else. Sometimes that is a good thing. It actually allows me to get more of my idea out than I normally would. I speak and act very purposefully so sometimes things are left unsaid for me. Anywho, this is super random today. It must be the SUPERCHARGED Circle K coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment