Search This Blog

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sometimes, they drive me crazy.

I love my little monsters with all my heart, but some days they truly drive me up the wall. My 3 year old has this habit of asking the same question over and over and over again even when I answer him or saying Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, etc. like 20 times!! I answer, but at times I find myself tuning him out without even trying. I think we all do that as moms. You kind of have to do it to maintain your sanity. LOL! No really.

I think sometimes we all just get tired from life though and we need a day to just do nothing but rest or everything our kids do irritates us. I used to feel guilty for having those days, but I found that I get so stuck in the Super Mommy role where I feel like I have to do everything and clean everything and get my whole to do list done in one day and study for school and go running and make dinner, should I go on? No really, I would get stuck feeling like I had to do all those things and never get tired. And then I would all of a sudden be totally exhausted and not understand why I was yelling at my kids and talking crazy to my husband. I try to take one day off a week and sleep in and just do nothing but I had to kind of gave up on sleeping in. Every single day that I try to sleep it is the day my 3 year old wants to wake up at 6:30 a.m. Every single time! It goes with the job though. I've conceded to that fact so I live off naps when I can and lots and LOTS of coffee.

They may drive me crazy some days, but they are outnumbered by the days that they make me smile. They really are pretty cool little people, even when they do everything in their power to make me crazy, I still smile when they give me hugs and kisses and especially when my 6 year old tells me I'm a good mommy and my 3 year old tells me he misses me (that's his way of saying he loves me). Little people are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment