Search This Blog

Friday, January 7, 2011

I Think I Can, I Think I Can!!

So I had a week of being totally and completely not motivated to do much of anything. I haven't even been running. So much for the half marathon at the end of the month. I have been doing more around the house since I actually have the time to cook and clean. The hardest part is feeling guilty because I'm not doing stuff I feel that I should be doing like cleaning and organizing things in the house. I had made a list of 10 things I wanted to do before I go back to school, which is in 10 days, and I have accomplished exactly 1 goal and got rid of 1. So now its going to be a mad rush to get at least most of those things done before I start school. I AM SUCH A PROCRASTINATOR!! I drive myself crazy sometimes. It's not intentional, but it is because there would be days where I would be watching Oprah (who I am totally obsessed with right now. Have you seen her channel OWN?! I'm so hooked.) and think "Hey, I should get up and go organize my school notes," or "I should finish the personal statement that I started last spring so I'll feel more motivated." I totally didn't and now I have 10 days! Now don't get me wrong, most of the stuff on my list is not really what a lot of other people would be doing but I feel like it is necessary in order to feel ready for the next semester and clutter free physically and mentally. I, unfortunately, have a bad habit of creating these goals that are a little OCD (not everyone actually wants to create their daily and weekly schedule or organize and keep all of their school notes in order) and when I don't accomplish these goals I beat myself up a little bit. Right now I feel like a fat ass because I haven't been working out but I haven't actually gained weight. I think that a lot of people must do that though. We set goals, that are sometimes unrealistic or unnecessary, and when we don't reach them we tell ourselves that we suck even though we know, logically, that we don't. Grrrrrrr! I'll have to keep you updated on my goal achievement for the next week.

This is my to do list:
1. Store and organize school notes
2. Go through box of papers
3. Create my personal statement
4. Make weekly and daily schedules
5. Plan weekly meals
6. Clean our refrigerator
7. Clean off table*
8. Reorganize desk
9. Look through anatomy book
* = it has been completed

We shall see. I think I can, I think I can!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi mija;-) oh!oh! i see 3 things that are not on your to do list you told me. Oh!Oh! Talk about procrastinate I know now were you get it from hahahahaha;-)"Sorry!"

    ReplyDelete