Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Who Ever Thought I Would Like School?!

I never knew that school could be so enjoyable. I never got it before, but in truth, I don't think I was supposed to get it before. I'm sure that part of it is because I am getting good grades (yes, I'm going to brag a little ;-P) but its so different to go to a class and know that something that I am learning is going to apply to what it is I want to do, and even if it doesn't, that I simply learned something new and care to understand it. I wish you could bottle this feeling and understanding up and give it to everyone in school. I have been thinking for the last year about doing some speaking to student-athletes about the importance of an education and how it can affect their future but I wonder 1) if they would be receptive and 2) if it would really make a difference in someone's life. It has been very heavy in my heart to do this type of work, but I'm still trying to put it all together in my head. I would love some feedback about this. Just ideas and comments about this as a possibility. Thanks!!

Anywho, aside from that, I am the biggest dork because I am so excited about working with cadavers in anatomy & physiology today for the first time. I'm slightly concerned about the smell (I don't do smells too well), but other than that it should be fun. I aced the 2nd a&p test I took yesterday which felt great. I'm going to attempt to take bio 202 in the summer along with my online world religions class so that should be fun. I don't even know what I'm going to do with the kids then if my husband is working in the daytime, but I figure that if God has that on my path, then He will help me figure that out on the way.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you are a very good teacher/mentor and it would very much help for other students to understand what they can accomplish through you because you are a confident, successful young woman with realistic, identifiable goals like many other college students who are struggling with same identity issues they are facing that they have no one else to look up to and you're the ideal college student of today.

    ReplyDelete