Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

#CHALLENGEACCEPTED (Part 1)

Sooooo, it's been a while. Since my last post (10/2015) I have continued to struggle with anxiety and depression. I did cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) for several months which helped tremendously. I went back to working full-time in June 2016 as a scribe in a cardiology office, which I love. My son's GI issues were found to be IBS and he is now off of PPIs and feels tremendously better. My husband is acting house husband and just finished his courses for his Bachelor's degree in December. He has been phenomenal by the way and is learning how to manage the house to get us ready for medical school.

Despite all of these wonderful things, the depression and anxiety reared their ugly heads in November. At the end of December I discovered that it was directly linked to my menstrual cycle and it was progressively getting worse. I made the decision to seek help again and started an SSRI. It was the best decision that I could have made. I have dealt with ongoing side effects but I feel more myself than I have since before having my daughter. I am finally at a point where I can really begin to look forward without getting in my own way.

We thought my oldest son was out of the woods with all of his health issues, but a few weeks ago he had a strange episode while playing basketball and is currently getting evaluated by a cardiologist. While it is not as serious of a problem as we first thought, there are still some abnormalities. We follow up next week and hopefully we'll have some definitive answers. Despite all of that, I have been able to maintain mental and emotional stability and I'm really proud of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment